Santa Claus is the primary antagonist of the International Assassins arc.
One of the bodies of Santa Claus is a short, mostly bald elderly man with a thin mustache and beard.
One of the bodies of Santa Claus is a busty dark-haired woman with a mole under her eye.
Santa Claus is a possibly lecherous being who asked for several children of either gender as his reward for bringing in the Chainsaw Devil from Japan, apparently for use in contracts and for pleasure.
They have no issues with forcibly recruiting large numbers of civilians to work for them by transforming them into puppets. They have shown no regard for those who seem to care for them as once Tolka had subdued Denji, Santa Claus turned him to a puppet to communicate with the Darkness Devil and complete the contract.
During battle, Santa Claus displayed a more ruthless tactic by transmitting their pain across puppets all over the world. In order to eliminate Quanxi, Santa had brought back the personalities of some puppets to dishearten and kill Denji.
At some point of time, Santa Claus was contracted with Doll Devil which allowed them to create dolls and perfect dolls which spread throughout the world. One of the bodies of Santa Claus is known as Santa Claus of Germany (ドイツのサンタクロース, Doitsu no Santa Kurōsu) globally, however in reality, it is one of their perfect dolls. Another one of the bodies of Santa Claus is residing in the Soviet Union to train Tolka to become another perfect doll. They are called Master (師匠, Shishō, lit. "Teacher") by Tolka.
One of the bodies of Santa Claus are hunting the woods with Tolka when they come across a fox which he shoots with an arrow. He questions the point of the hunt they're on while his master repeatedly asks him whether he thinks he has taken a life or not. They return to their cottage and cook the fox. His master reveals that their next job is not a job to hunt a devil but to hunt and kill a sixteen-year old boy, much like the fox they have just hunted and killed. Tolka swears to his master that he can kill. He makes a promise to her that since she has just half a year left to live that he wants her to live her remaining days in a peaceful retirement.
Makima and Kishibe discuss the potential threats that may be coming from overseas, with Germany's Santa Claus being among them. Makima states that she heard a rumor that he died of old age and Kishibe acknowledges that they should pray that is the case.
In Germany a military man sat down at the same bench as one of the bodies of Santa Claus who was reading a newspaper. He told Santa Claus that Christmas has come early,and that they want him to bring in the Chainsaw Devil from Japan. When asked for "his" desire for a reward "he" stated that "he" wanted to adopt four good-looking children for use in contracts and for pleasure.
Later, they travel to Japan seperately. One of the bodies came from Germany while the other body and Tolka come from the Soviet Union.
In Japan, Tolka's master discretely stabs Denji three times with a nail and drops it in front of Tolka, who is sitting at a nearby table. "She" explains the details of "her" contract with the Curse Devil and entrusts the fourth and final stab to Tolka. Meanwhile, the elder Santa Claus uses his contracted abilities to convert a crowd of people on a street into dolls.
Elder one hides within a coffee shop nearby to a department store that Denji and his bodyguards are visiting. "He" orders their dolls to attack once Denji enters the store. "He" continues to send in an entire army of puppets after Denji in preparation for delivering a 'present'.
After Tolka kills Denji, Santa Claus comes to congratulate Tolka and tells him that he is now part of the family. He then turns Tolka into a doll by touching him. At the same time, Santa Claus sacrifices one of the bodies of "his" three beloved children as to use one of their contracts to transport the Devil Hunters to Hell. During this, the the original body sits on a doll and watches as the hunters are transported to Hell. They state to the Darkness Devil that he has brought the Chainsaw's heart in exchange via Tolka, one of the perfect dolls for the power to kill Makima.
Makima and Kishibe hold him in high regard as the most dangerous threat towards Denji amongst the world's assassins and devil hunters as they say it will all be over if he uses his devils against them.
Curse Devil Contract: Santa Claus was contracted with the Curse Devil.
- Curse: In exchange for the loss of sensations on several of their fingers, Santa Claus can use the Curse Devil's power. The contract requires the nail to be stabbed 4 times into the intended victim, after which the Curse Devil will appear and kill the target.
Hell Devil Contract: Santa Claus was contracted with the Hell Devil.
- Transportation: Santa Claus can transport any living beings to Hell by naming the place they are currently in. However not only must they sacrifice three of their children, but they also need to sacrifice one of their own bodies as well.
Darkness Devil Contract: In exchange for bringing Denji to Hell, the Darkness Devil gave Santa Claus a small piece of its flesh, which they ate, which gave them a boost in several abilities such as:
- Enhanced Strength: Santa was strong enough to hit Denji through several floors and walls.
- Enhanced Speed: Santa was fast enough to jump from the ground to the top of a multi-storey building in a few seconds, they were also able to catch several arrows that were as fast as bullets.
- Regeneration: Santa was able to heal her wounds by being in darkness, recovering from fatal injuries in an instant.
- Transformation: Santa became much taller, grew many more arms, and had many other changes to their body that resembled dolls.
- Doll Creation: Santa Claus can create dolls out of people to obey his will. The effect is caused by touch and spreads contagiously as each doll touches another person, allowing them to create an army of dolls out of a crowd. The dolls can also transform one of their arms into blades including themselves. However Santa Claus must remain in the nearby area in order to maintain control of their army of dolls, and the conversion process has no effect on fiends or devils.
- Perfect Doll Creation: By instilling emotions that only humans can have into a puppet, such as respect, worship, admiration, and guilt, Santa Claus can turn people into perfect dolls, which become a part of Santa Claus and are able to make devil contracts in Santa's place. There were only three known perfect dolls: Master, Santa Claus in Germany and Tolka.
- Mind Transfer: Santa Claus can distribute their senses and pain to all of their dolls. Once they are defeated by Denji, Santa Claus states that they can transfer their consciousness to any one of the puppets they have made across the world; this is expanded upon once in cosmos library, Santa had stated that flooding information into their brain would carry into every puppet.
|53. In a Dream||Absent|
|54. To Go to Enoshima||Debut|
|55. Let's Go||Absent|
|56. A Curse and A Fist||Absent|
|58. Yutaro Kurose||Appears|
|60. Quanxi and Fiends' 49-Person Massacre||Absent|
|61. News Reporter||Absent|
|62. Super Mess||Absent|
|63. Trip To Hell||Appears|
|64. Welcome To Hell||Flashback|
|65. The Darkness Devil||Absent|
|67. The First Devil Hunter||Absent|
|68. Dark Power||Absent|
|69. Shining Power||Absent|
|Public Safety Devil Hunters||Aki Hayakawa • Beam • Denji • Fushi † • Himeno † • Kishibe • Kobeni Higashiyama • Kurose † • Madoka ‡ • Makima • Power • Tendo †|
|Civilian Devil Hunters||Denji ‡ • Akane Sawatari † • Quanxi • Santa Claus|