Biography[edit | edit source]
Tatsuki often drew images at an early age. In Junior High School he thought of a magazine in his head and often cut and serialized new works in it, usually serializing seven works. In his first years of high school, he started to upload manga to the website Shintosha.
After graduating, he made several one shots participating in Manga Awards Contents and had won some of them and got noticed by ONE and Sui Ishida. Later those oneshots were republished on Jump+ or Jump SQ.19 magazine. He made his official debut in Jump SQ.19 with "Shikaku" and following year published "Yogen no Nayuta" in Jump SQ.
Tatsuki made his first serialization with Fire Punch in 2016, published on Jump+ site. The series was proposed for a Jump SQ magazine, but as it was declined, the editor proposed it for a Jump+ serialization and it was approved. The series ran for 8 volumes and gathered the internet attention due to its shocking developments.
After Fire Punch serialization ended, Tatsuki published a new oneshot in Jump SQ 2018-06 Issue, titled Imouto no Ane.
In December 2018, he started a new serialization Chainsaw Man in Weekly Shonen Jump.
Works[edit | edit source]
- Niwa ni wa Niwa Niwatori ga ita. (庭には二羽ニワトリがいた。?) later published on July 17, 2017 on Jump+ (oneshot)
- Kami Hikouki (かみひこうき?) (May 2013) Won 3rd Crown New Comic Award Jury Special Award (oneshot)
- Sasaki-kun ga Judan Tometa (佐々木くんが銃弾止めた?) (July 2013) Won 5th Crown New Comic Award Jury Special Award; later published on June 13, 2016 on Jump+ (oneshot)
- Love is Blind (恋は盲目?) (November 2013) Honorable Mention at 9th Crown New Comic Award Jury Special Award; later published in Jump SQ.19 Vol.13 (oneshot)
- Shikaku (シカク?) (2014) Jump SQ.19 Vol.14 (oneshot)
- Yogen no Nayuta (予言のナユタ?) (2015) Jump SQ 2015-08 Issue (oneshot)
- Seigi no Mikata (正義の見方?) (2015) The 10th Supreme Comic Grand Prize season II entry work (oneshot)
- Fire Punch (ファイアパンチ?) (2016) Jump+ April 18, 2016 - January 1, 2018 (series)
- Me wo Sametara Onnanoko ni Natteita Byou (目が覚めたら女の子になっていた病?) (2017) Jump+ April 27, 2017 (oneshot)
- Imouto no Ane (妹の姉?) (2018) Jump SQ 2018-06 Issue (oneshot)
- Chainsaw Man (チェンソーマン?) (2018) Weekly Shōnen Jump 2019-01 Issue - Ongoing (series)
References[edit | edit source]
- Fujimoto's Twitter habits are briefly described here: Some nuggets from Fujimoto Tatsuki, enthusiast creator